FREE COVID-19 TESTING
Location: Coe Memorial Park, 101 Litchfield Street, Torrington, CT 06790
Dates: Wednesday, July 8 & Wednesday, July 22
Hours: 9:30am – 12pm
Location: East End Park (“The Winsted Green”), Winsted, CT 06098
Dates: Wedsnesday, July 15 & Wednesday, July 29
Hours: 9:30am – 12pm
Early Stage Social Engagement
The Alzheimer's Association virtual early-stage social engagement programs offer a comfortable way to get connected to others who are living in the beginning stage of Alzheimer's or other dementia. Connecting with people who understand what you are going through may provide you with the support, encouragement and inspiration necessary to move beyond your diagnosis.
Shared Voices Intergenerational Choir:
- July 9th, 16th, 23rd, 30th and August 6th, 13th, 20th and 27th
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- Shared Voices is an intergenerational chorus (non-skill based) that gives persons living with dementia and their families a chance to do something fun, socialize, and make music together!
- To register please contact Heather Dobbert at 860-819-1528 or email@example.com.
GAP - Ellington Memory Café
- 4th Wednesday Monthly, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- This program is for persons living with the early stages of dementia and their care partner. Pre-registration is required.
- Please contact Rebecca Stack at 860-870-3128 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Virtual: Memories at the Mattatuck Museum:
- July 16th, 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- This program persons living with the early stages of dementia and their care partner. Pre-registration is required. For more information, please contact Carolyn DeRocco at 203-623-5407 or email@example.com.
July 16th Artist:
- Faith Ringgold (b. 1930) is an African American Artist, Writer, Performer, Civil Rights Activist, and Woman’s Rights Activist. She is best known for being an American artist and writer who created original quilted narrations that communicated her political beliefs. Many characterize her artistic style as “super realism.”
Virtual: Music Bingo
- July 17th, 10:30 AM-NOON
- Join us for a musical game of BINGO from the comfort of your own home! This is a fun way to connect through music and go back in time to enjoy popular tunes.
- Pre-registration required. Please contact Pam Atwood at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (860) 798-0369 to register and receive your BINGO card.
Protecting Your Family From COVID-19 by Dr. David Price
Dr. David Price is a critical care pulmonologist caring for COVID-19 patients all day in NYC at Weill Cornell Hospital. He has a lot of great information to share. In the last portion he answers some fantastic questions. It's almost an hour and a cuts out a bit, so be patient and learn from this hero on the front-lines.
Blossoming Paper Bouquets by Alzheimer's Foundation of America
If you're isolated indoors, here's a quick and easy therapeutic art activity that caregivers can do together with someone living with Alzheimer's disease:
Senior Medicare Patrol - COVID-19 Scams!
Please click the link below for tips on how to protect yourself from Coronavirus/COVID-19 related scams.
Coronavirus / COVID-19 recommendations from ACL and CDC
Please click on the links below to view recommendations by ACL and the CDC regarding the recent Coronavirus outbreak.
Resourceful Links to COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Federal Agencies, as well as the State and Local Governments have put together action plans with the goal to help their communities take precautions and receive the assistance needed during this crisis. WCAAA has put together a list of governmental, and local websites where the public can access trusted and updated information as well as resources in regards of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).