FREE LIVE WELL DIABETES LEADER TRAINING
05/16/2018 at 8:30AM - 4:00PM EST
Location: Western CT Area Agency on Aging | Address: 84 Progress Lane, Waterbury CT, 06705
Are you looking for a fulfilling volunteer experience that will help people in your community get healthier and improve their lives? Then consider becoming a Live Well or Live Well Diabetes Workshop leader!
Live Well is a Chronic Disease Self-Management Program that helps empower people with ongoing health conditions to build self-confidence, manage their symptoms and maintain their health. Live Well with Diabetes geared toward people with Diabetes. We are currently looking for Volunteer Leaders to facilitate workshops.
Benefits for Workshop Leaders
Not only will you be an integral part of promoting healthy living in your community, there are many personal benefits to becoming a Workshop Leader.
- Learn how to apply healthy living skills to your own life
- Connect with other adults in a caring and interactive learning environment
- Flexible volunteer opportunities around your own interests and availability
- Workshop Leaders are given free training to facilitate Live Well Workshops
- Volunteer gas money may be available
Please note that you do not have to be a healthcare professional to become a Leader. Leaders should have the ability to:
- Speak in front of a group
- Work with a small group of people and build rapport
- Read aloud and follow a scripted leader’s manual
- Demonstrate good communication and listening skills
- Instill optimism in a person’s ability to make changes
- Be non-judgmental and respect different opinions
- Attend an information session and four days of a Live Well Leaders Training
- Co-facilitate a Live Well Workshop within 6 months of completing training
Register to attend this event by contacting our Live Well Regional Coordinator: 203-757-5449 EXT: 125